Helping Floridians reach their dreams of home ownership
- Free prequalification
- Various payment options
- Everything handled locally
As a full-service mortgage lender, Florida Credit Union caters to first-time home buyers as well as current homeowners. Whether you're looking to purchase a home or refinance your mortgage, our products and services are designed to ensure you get the right personal mortgage for your unique needs.
A fixed interest rate means your principal and interest payment will remain the same for the life of the mortgage.
- 10-, 15-, 20-, and 30-year options
- Up to 100% financial available
ARMs feature rates that will adjust periodically based on market conditions; however, the initial rate is typically lower than a fixed option. It's a good option if you plan to sell your house before the rate goes up.
- Non-conforming with a 5-year fixed rate, then adjustable each year after
- 2% annual caps, 6% for the life of the loan
- Up to 100% financial available
- 10-, 15-, 20- or 30-year amortization
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
These options help make home ownership more affordable for more people, including first-time buyers, with lower down payment requirements and low or no closing costs.
- FHA: Borrow up to 96.5% of the home's value
- VA: Up to 100% financing available to qualified veterans
- USDA 502 Guaranteed: 100% financing available, depending on your income and property type
Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
The key to financing large expenses, such as home improvement projects, could be in your home's equity. Access your funds either as a lump-sum loan with a fixed rate or a flexible line of credit, paying interest only on the amount of money you use. Click here for more information.
Come to Florida Credit Union for condo loans, loans for manufactured homes with land, and customized combo loans that mix mortgages, home equity loans and credit card options.
- Free prequalification helps you determine the loan amount you can afford
- No mortgage insurance on some loans
- No intangible taxes or prepayment penalty clauses on conventional loans
- Variety of payment options available
- Make payments locally or online with most programs
- All aspects of the loan process and decision are handled locally
- Pre-approval: Before you start looking for the new home, discuss all of the features and benefits of the different programs that you may be considering, and choose which is best for you.
- Communicate: Collaborate with your originator and your realtor to ensure that the property type you’re interested in fits the specific program guidelines, discuss the impact of fees, taxes and insurance to the budget and pre-approval.
- Contract: Once you’ve found your new home and the contract is ratified, there are a lot of items within the contract that need to be complete for closing. This includes placing your formal application, signing your preliminary disclosures and more.
- Closing: Finally, you’ll complete the formal process of completing your contract. After you sign the loan documents, and the ownership is transferred, you’ll obtain your keys.
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice
The HMDA data about our residential mortgage lending are available online for review. The data show geographic distribution of loans and applications; ethnicity, race, sex, age and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials. These data are available online at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Web site (www.consumerfinance.gov/hmda). HMDA data for many other financial institutions are also available at this Web site.