Travel notifications help us guard against fraud.
That trip you've planned sounds spectacular. But when you arrive overseas, you'll need a way to pay for those great meals, guided tours and neat souvenirs. If you plan to use debit cards and credit cards, please alert the appropriate financial institutions in advance as to where you're going and when. That way, they'll know those purchases made in Panama, Paris or Pretoria were made by you and not some scammer. Access our International Travel Form here.
Let us know where you are going and when you will be traveling to make sure you can access your FCU accounts with no problems.
- Call any of our branches to tell us of your plans.
- Complete a Notice of International Travel form at least two weeks prior to your trip.
- Include all countries you will be visiting, as well as any countries where you may have a layover and might be making a purchase or accessing cash from your account.
- Even if you're traveling within the U.S., please contact FCU with the dates and cities and states you will be traveling to.
Unfortunately, fraud risks are greater in some places than others. Florida Credit Union automatically blocks transactions that take place in certain countries.
- Automatically blocked countries currently include Russia, India,Turkey and Honduras. Review the complete list.
- The countries change on a regular basis based on patterns of fraud. So consult the list each time you make travel plans.
- If the country or countries you plan to visit are on this list, FCU can unblock them for you for the duration of your visit.