We're good teachers, and financial education is our specialty.
- Youth savings accounts
- Teen checking accounts
- Free online banking
- Superhero-based financial education
Kids grow up fast, and they have a lot to learn. One important lesson is how to handle money responsibly. At Florida Credit Union, we're happy to provide resources they need. Our youth savings and checking accounts provide a safe place for money from allowances, gifts and part-time jobs, and they come with educational features that will help turn your child into a financially responsible adult.
It's easy to get your children headed in the right financial direction.
- Only $5 minimum to open savings account
- Interest paid on balances
- Free online banking so you can watch your balance grow
- Free budget-planning tool kit to help young people set savings goals
As your child gets more mature about money matters, he or she can take advantage of other FCU offerings:
- Teens 16 and older can open Youth Checking Accounts *
- Teens 16 and older can get free Visa® debit card with chip technology for security
- Young people can open Club Accounts to save money for holidays, spring break and more
- Learn more about bank accounts for kids by reading FCU's Youth Bank Account brochure.
Everyone loves superheroes! FCU wants to introduce you to The Centsables, an exciting team that offers a ground-breaking approach to financial edu-tainment. The Centsables® appear in multi-media, kid-friendly platforms to reach – and teach – children in all the ways they enjoy most. Meet the Centsables!
- Parents: Looking for a fun way to get your child interested in learning about finances? The Centsables® help kids overcome obstacles, soar toward goals and achieve financial fitness. Their website provides videos, activity pages and cool stories.
- Educators: Let the Centsables help teach your students about financial fitness. We have materials and supplies available to help! Email us today for more information.
*Youth Checking Accounts are only available to children 16 years or older with a parent or legal guardian on the account.