Putting people first is second nature to us.
- FCU leads donation drives
- Financial support for community events
- Teachers get special attention
- Scholarships awarded to students
Ever since our founding in 1954, Florida Credit Union has been a community leader. As a not-for-profit institution, we focus more on helping people, charities and local businesses than on boosting our bottom line. FCU participates in fundraisers, sponsors community events, and strives to serve our neighborhoods in any way possible. We're proud to invest in so many things that make north and central Florida special.
Florida Credit Union's branches all participate in three annual donation drives: FCU’s School Supply Drive, FCU’s Pet Supply Drive and FCU’s Holiday Food Drive. The proceeds raised at each location are donated to organizations in that branch’s neighborhood. Since the program's inception, we've collected hundreds of pounds of food and supplies and thousands of dollars for worthy recipients.
Non-profit and charity organizations do exceptional work throughout central and northern Florida. They're tireless efforts to help others inspire us at FCU. That's why we regularly offers them financial support through both direct sponsorship and event funding. Recent recipients include:
- Local youth sports teams
- The March of Dimes
- The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- Holiday events like Fanfares and Fireworks in Gainesville
- Community staples like the Strawberry Festival in Starke
- Chamber of Commerce events.
- See upcoming FCU-sponsored events.
Florida Credit Union was founded in 1954 as the Alachua County Teacher’s Credit Union. Ever since then, we've maintained a strong connection to local schools and education-based organizations. In addition to sponsoring school sports teams, here are two of our ongoing efforts:
- FCU representatives visit nearly 100 schools across the region annually during “FCU’s Back-to-School Teacher Appreciation” period. They provide breakfast or lunch and goody bags to faculty and staff, present a monetary donation to each school, and answer questions about the credit union.
- FCU supports local students with three scholarship opportunities each year. They are the Dr. John C. Rawls Scholarship Fund; the Servin-Ellis Scholarship Fund; and the Buchholz Academy of Finance Scholarship. Awards are based on student scholastic records, future potential, character, and financial need.